A truly wonderful book by Susan L. Taylor. If you ever feel sad or discouraged pick up this book! It will not only uplift you, but it will encourage you and bring you in touch with your inner self. I promise, you will feel blissfully content after reading it. 🙂
Susan L. Taylor (born January 23, 1946) is an American editor, writer, and journalist. She served as editor-in-chief of Essence from 1981 through 2000. In 1994, American Libraries referred to Taylor as “the most influential black woman in journalism today”.
I promise myself
Whisper these few promises to your soul in the quiet of each morning, or create your own affirmations. This will make sacred space for healing and inner cheering. It will help you find and follow the divine right path life has prepared for you:
- I promise myself to live by the authority of my own soul today and to practice being my own best friend and motivator.
- I promise to speak to myself kindly and to give myself the attention and nourishment I need.
- I promise to remember that others’ opinions, judgments and deeds can’t diminish me. I promise not to hide out or play it safe, but to bring my open heart and Master mind to each moment with confidence.
- I promise to believe in myself and in the genius of my people.
- I promise myself to live this day with joy and enthusiasm, to allow only love and light to flow through me not matter who or what life sends my way.
- Everywhere I look I will see beauty and possibility, and I let my light shine in service to my people, giving joyfully from a full cup.
- I promise myself to remember that every circumstance is a pathway to God, and that every crisis is temporary, lasting not a moment longer than it takes for me to surrender it to God and ask for a divine solution.
- I promise myself to remain faithfully aware that God is always here, with and within me. No matter what the challenge, God is the answer. No matter what the need, God is the fulfillment. I promise myself to remember.
- By Susan L. Taylor
Erika is a certified Spiritual Counsellor, Holistic Healing Practitioner, Hypnotherapist, Holistic Life Coach and Soul Plan Practitioner. She studied a number of modalities in traditional and alternative therapies and she offers traditional life coaching services and holistic/spiritual coaching (including Soul Plan Analysis). Erika has natural healing abilities and works intuitively from the heart. It is each time different simply because every person is unique. It is her intention to inspire, empower and help you to find more clarity in life and reconnect with your true self. She helps people to become more aware of their gifts and also their beliefs and values they are operating under. As you start to remember who you truly are, you naturally start to re-align with your true self and your life purpose. Your life can then start to flow in a far more creative and joyful way with new meaning and direction. It is her intention to give joyfully, following her heart’s knowledge and make a meaningful difference to someone.
What is a spiritual counsellor/holistic healing practitioner?
A spiritual counsellor or holistic healing practitioner has trained in a number of healing techniques. Their training at Holistic Healing College has included, counselling, energy psychology, relationship healing, hypnotherapy, spiritual life coaching, soul plan and a diverse array of therapeutic interventions.
A spiritual counsellor or holistic healing practitioner has recognised the importance of offering more than energetic healing or conventional counselling. The client also receives unconditional listening, sound advice, new resources, empowering beliefs and options for leading a more fulfilling and real quality life.
These integrated sessions address the client on all levels: physical, emotional, mental and spiritual. Energetic healing creates the space while a practical approach grounds the benefits in the here and now.
Binding: Hardcover Publisher: Urban Books Date published: 2008 ISBN-13: 9781601621146 ISBN: 1601621140